How it started:
In 2013, Alexandra Chirila, founder of Roaring Romania Tours, was working a corporate job. It was a good stable job but it wasn’t what Alex pictured herself to be doing with her life.
An adventurous spirit, she wanted a job based on travel, history, legends and cultural curiosities. Plus, she wanted to work more with people and less with computers. What viable business could come out of that?
One night, she had a dream: she was driving the scenic mountain road Transfagarasan with a group of friends and she was their tour guide.
And that was it, dear friends! She woke up the next morning and decided to become a tour guide. In March 2014 Roaring Romania Tours was born. The rest is a long list of beautiful travel stories.
Why choose us for your holiday in Romania:
1. You will have a vacation that will offer you the opportunity to experience Romania's most popular spots, mixed in with less traveled places so you can have a taste of local flavour.
2. Our itineraries are thought to minimize the time spent travelling from one spot to another, so you spend more time enjoying the landmarks and less time in transit.
3. We use only hotels that are centrally located. This way, you have easy access to the historical areas of the towns we visit.
4. You will have your dedicated, authorized guide to answer your questions and curiosities, tell you stories and supervise the smooth sailing of your vacation.
5. Our itineraries are flexible and can be adapted to your vacation wishes. Let us know what you want to see and we'll make it for you!
6. Our tours include entrance fees, transportation, accommodation and guiding fee as a standard. So you don’t need to deal with the little things but sit back, relax and enjoy your Romanian holiday.
Alexandra Chirila - Tour Guide and Owner of Roaring Romania Tours
Besides traveling and castles, Alex’s hobbies are simple: books and the great outdoors. Mountains, seaside or just any sunny hill will do. Add a dog in the picture and she will be happy forever.
Alex’s favorite city is Bucharest for all the quirky stories it has to tell but her favorite place to guide is Peles Castle. The stunned faces of all the guests when they enter the magnificent castle, is one of the highlights of being a tour guide in Romania.